[Cin] Fwd: libdv patch (was: Re: another patch series)

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 23:04:13 CET 2022

Checked into GIT, thirdparty/Makefile which includes the modifications from
Andrew of autoconf/autoreconf needed for aarches64 and the
lidv-1.0.0.patch0 (also needed because libdv would not compile without it
on Fedora 32 or Debian 11.0 32-bit).  Attached is its log file when it
would not compile.  Before adding the patch, I had installed what I could
find on a Fedora system for "libsdl1(-dev)" but it did not fix the error --
I did a "yum install libsdl*" and it installed stuff but I only saw version
2 and not 1 and did not see any libsdl at all.  Also checked another Fedora
system to see what it would have installed and I just get:
[root at keystone Downloads]# yum install libsdl1*
Last metadata expiration check: 1:05:20 ago on Wed 05 Jan 2022 01:55:05 PM
MST.
No match for argument: libsdl1*
Error: Unable to find a match: libsdl1*

Part of the patch contained these lines which I thought were HILARIOUS !
+# Configure paths for SDL
+# Sam Lantinga 9/21/99
+# *stolen from Manish Singh*
+# s*tolen back from Frank Belew*
+# s*tolen from Manish Singh*
+# *Shamelessly stolen from Owen Taylor*