[Cin] libdv patch (was: Re: another patch series)

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 09:15:19 CET 2022

On Saturday, January 8, 2022, mat <mnieuw at zap.a2000.nl> wrote:

> No need to worry: I did not use "set -e", did not even know what it did (I
> do now, thanks Andrew).
>
> Andrew suggested to disable libaom and libdav1d, which solved the build
> problem. I will try with libaom again.
> There are still multiple "-k" errors, but they were there before (I later
> remembered) and don't hinder the build process; they are related to the
> "recursive" target.
>
> Building takes long but I just pop in every hour or so to see how far it
> got, so it does not required much "person time".
> So, next things I want to try are (not in sequence):
> - Do some testing in editing on aarch64.
> - Can it build a AppImage too?
> - Does it work if I enable libaom, with autoreconfig/automake?
> - Can I build a arm 32 bit version (because I have a small micro where I
> can test that on). This requires some real time to set up the qemu VM.
> - Can it build on macOS 11 (BigSur, under qemu, macOS works there)? This
> failed too because of the configure problems, there is at least one other
> serious build problem there, no objcopy utilitity on the HomeBrew package
> manager.

may be it lives in /usr/local/opt?

https://github.com/martin-ger/esp_wifi_repeater/issues/275

===
The error:
missing required tool: gobjcopy objcopy

Execute this to fix it:
export PATH="/usr/local/opt/binutils/bin:$PATH"

===

but if all additional libs and includes live in their own dirs - those
tweaks may generate quite long environment variables!