[Cin] Typoes in documentation and possibly errors in FFmpeg config dir

Miroslav Rovis miro.rovis at croatiafidelis.hr
Thu Jan 13 12:36:32 CET 2022

On 220113-08:02+0300, Andrew Randrianasulu wrote:
> On Thursday, January 13, 2022, Miroslav Rovis via Cin <
> cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > In this page of the Cinelerra-GG manual:
> > Complete Options File Example
> > https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/CinelerraGG_Manual/
> > Complete_Options_File_Examp.html
> > it reads: acc instead of aac in two places in that page and I think in
> > some other pages in the manual.
> >
> > However, there is, upon building Cinelerra:
> > ffmpeg/audio/acc256k.pro
> > which is wrong filename. Should be acc256k.pro of course.
> >
> > I was only able to get mjpeg processing to work. No h264, no h265. When
> > rendering with FFmpeg I get only something like empty mp4 in menus. So I
> > doubt there may be other formats/codecs/other errors there too.

So, while the codec name and its filename is wrong (and I'm glad Andrea paz
found my notice useful), I now think that this screencasting/shotting probably
won't be necessary:
> can you make screenshot/screencast of empty menu? I used user build with
> whole directory of cin binaries and other files (including format profiles)
> located in 'bin' subdir inside CinGG source tree. it was working for me...
because I think that I:
> How exactly you build your cinelerraGG, you hopefully not forgot make
> install?
exactly that: I think I forgot to execute "make install". (I don't see the log
of it, and I do have the log of sole make run, and I always do log STDOUT and
STDERR when I build things. I'll be back to report if that isn't so, but it
probably is so: I think I forgot to run "make install".)

So thanks, Andrew, for (likely) a very quick diagnosis of my real issue.

Regards!

--
Miroslav Rovis
Zagreb, Croatia