[Cin] Again bugs in alignment

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Sun Jan 23 11:06:53 CET 2022

On Sunday, January 23, 2022 10:30:04 AM CET, Igor BEGHETTO via Cin wrote:
> Sorry, but I don't understand what are you saying. Can you
> explain better what is your goal, please?

As a user I expect when I drag in an audio clip at the start of the
timeline that this audio clip plays from start of timeline. As can be seen
from the final rendering the audio clip has an offset of about half a
second which is cut from the start, this cut has not been purposely made.
Hence my problem is not about editing: the rendering has an issue. The
start of the audio in the rendered version is in a different place than the
start of the audio clip in the timeline. Within the broken project this
also can be 'heard' when just pressing play. It is as if the clip has an
internal offset.

I am *unable* to reproduce this in a new project where I drag in the same
assets. Even changing the format along the way.

The only thing that I can think of that is causing this, is the format of
the audio clip. Which is 96kHz, 24bit. While the project is the regular
48kHz, 16 bit. But that should have an effect on the new project as well,
which it does not (or not in a way I experienced trying to reproduce it).

<https://freesound.org/people/tyops/sounds/580348/>

--
Stefan