[Cin] Monitor profiling

Pierre autourduglobe p.autourduglobe at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 15:52:21 CEST 2022

Hi Andrea,

It's been a long time since I recalibrated my monitors, so I've kind of
forgotten the procedures...

I also use Argyll CMS with DisplayCAL, my colorimeter is an i1 Display Pro.

I don't go through the 1D LUT curve generation. Instead, I choose the
"as measured" option for the white level. I set the monitor brightness
to my liking (rather dark like the environment of the room concerned),
directly by the monitor controls.

In my case, I chose the "Rec. 1886" tone curve even though my monitors
don't really have the qualities of real monitors dedicated to color
correction.

I like the very smooth result and I find that I can pretty well evaluate
what the video will look like when presented on a TV.

Pierre