[Cin] Checked into GIT updated libraries

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 22:46:00 CEST 2022

As Andrew provided patch updates and I checked on older versions of O/S
(Ubuntu 16 and 32-bit Debian 9.1) the following have been updated:

libaom-v3.4.0 (from v3.2.0)
libvpx-1.12.0 (from 1.11.0)

Be aware that if you switch back and forth between an older and newer
version BE SURE TO "rebuild index" on you media file or you will see
weirdness like I did because the rendered file is a different size between
the old library version and the new library version.  This will not be a
problem for most people - probably just testers who use the same file names
(like I always do!)

Also, note that I will try to remember to "Credit" the comment in Git with
the author because someone noted that that was not being done in Git.  I
had always put it in the Releasenotes.pdf as the appropriate place because
seen by more people.  Only programmers or users who do their own builds
ever look at Git, but many more people look at the release notes because
they want to see whether or not it is necessary to update to the latest
release.  So for example this latest checkin has the comment of:
"Credit libaom/libvpx teams and Andrew patch update"

You can stop reading this now, but I have to say in my defense on this Git
oversite is that Git was created by Linus Torvalds (in Europe so was not
known in the United States right away) in the year 2005.  Although that was
17 years ago, it was not even available during our professional working
years where we started out with Control Data Corporation and Cray mainframe
computers.   So basically the common consensus on the "proper" use of Git
checkins is not even on my radar.  End of rant!