[Cin] blds/bld_prepare.sh update

Miroslav Rovis miro.rovis at croatiafidelis.hr
Tue Jun 28 22:54:26 CEST 2022

I'm not sure this is out of time for a reply, but the topic is this one.

On 220328-19:32+0200, mnieuw--- via Cin wrote:
> Hi, attached is an update blds/bld_prepare.sh script.
>
> It has two changes:
> - Extra entries to install the patchelf, boost_regex and
>   boost_filesystem packages.
> - A fix for Suse, the test for the link was failing.
>
> @Andrea, did not have time to add an Arch/Manjaro section.
>
> Suse installs all packages, but it fails on the linking stage of
> the new makeappimage tool. Have to look at it.
>
> MatN

The bld_prepare.sh file is just as mnieuw attached it, plus some small additions for arch distro.

Installing Cinelerra from git yesterday on my Debian machine, and I'm running Debian Testing, when following:
https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/CinelerraGG_Manual/single_user_build.html

I get this at this step:

# ./blds/bld_prepare.sh
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
Package python is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
  2to3 python-is-python3 python2-minimal python2 dh-python

E: Unable to locate package libdc1394-22-dev
E: Package 'python' has no installation candidate

The solution for me was to edit the file, and the file that worked for me (I also changed the Ubuntu lines, as probably there is no python package in Ubuntu either, at least not in Ubuntu based on Debian Testing):

pls find the attached:
bld_prepare.sh
that worked for me:

The lines than changed concern only those packages as reported unavailable, not located by apt, above.

--
Miroslav Rovis
Zagreb, Croatia