[Cin] blds/bld_prepare.sh update

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 03:58:58 CEST 2022

On Tue, Jun 28, 2022 at 2:54 PM Miroslav Rovis via Cin <
cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org> wrote:

> I'm not sure this is out of time for a reply, but the topic is this one.

It is never out of time to have updated information and is much appreciated.

> The bld_prepare.sh file is just as mnieuw attached it, plus some small
> additions for arch distro.
>
> Installing Cinelerra from git yesterday on my Debian machine, and I'm
> running Debian Testing, when following:
> https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/CinelerraGG_Manual/single_user_build.html
>
> I get this at this step:
>
> # ./blds/bld_prepare.sh
> Reading package lists...
> Building dependency tree...
> Reading state information...
> Package python is not available, but is referred to by another package.
> This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
> is only available from another source
> However the following packages replace it:
>   2to3 python-is-python3 python2-minimal python2 dh-python
>
> E: Unable to locate package libdc1394-22-dev
> E: Package 'python' has no installation candidate
>
> The solution for me was to edit the file, and the file that worked for me
> (I also changed the Ubuntu lines, as probably there is no python package in
> Ubuntu either, at least not in Ubuntu based on Debian Testing):
>
> pls find the attached:
> bld_prepare.sh
> that worked for me:
>
> The lines than changed concern only those packages as reported
> unavailable, not located by apt, above.
>
> So that these updates do not got lost for future versions of ubuntu and
debian, I have checked into GIT blds/bld_prepare.sh with options for
"debian-testing" and "ubuntu-testing" which when new Operating Systems
releases come up, the script can be updated to reflect version XX of
ubuntu/debian.