[Cin] blds/bld_prepare.sh update

Miroslav Rovis miro.rovis at croatiafidelis.hr
Thu Jun 30 16:29:52 CEST 2022

On 220630-13:31+0200, Andrea paz via Cin wrote:
> I tried to change the manual by recommending to build as a normal
> user. See if you think it is okay. Particularly the part about the
> CinGG desktop icon. Can it also be done without being sudo?

I found this line now reads (from the .tex file you attached):
\item You can install it without being \textbf{root} or without using \textit{sudo}. In case of problems you can use
+\textit{sudo} to avoid permissions issue.
while previously it read (from https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/CinelerraGG_Manual/single_user_build.html):
2. Recommend you build and run as root, just to avoid permission issues
initially.

And that is much better.

There may be other changes you made, but unfortunately is is not easy to
compare HTML with tex files, and I don't have enough time to install texinfo
and do it the right way. If I had a diff btwn the previous version of the .tex
file and the current, that would do better.

> PS: (@Miroslav) I am interested in your steps to build in Debian
> (given my inadequate knowledge in compiling); can you explain them to
> me?
I will. And I think I will not use a separate topic for it, it is sufficiently
related to this thread.

I'll do it next.

Just one thing. I believe mnieuw is right (interpolating the citation from his
email):
> I get or never built it as root, just as an ordinary user.
>
> The only time you need it (as sudo) is to install it system-wide.

And so what I previously wrote, that I something like "sudo -s make install"
after I ran "make" on the source, that wasn't necessary either. I should've run
it as ordinary user as well.

I'll send my steps next.

[...]
> \item You can install it without being \textbf{root} or without using \textit{sudo}. In case of problems you can use \textit{sudo} to avoid permissions issue.
> \item The \textit{git} step has to download many files (approx
>   130\,MB) so allow time.
[...]

--
Miroslav Rovis