[Cin] megapile 12 (freebsd, ffmpeg 5, dynamic build, opencv trim)

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Mon May 2 13:44:31 CEST 2022

On Monday, May 2, 2022, Andrea paz <gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com> wrote:

> Tried the build with megapatch_12. Everything OK: it compiles without
> errors.
> I enclose cin5_ffmpeg4.log. There are many "warning+error" concerning
> Latex and the html manual and many "warning" concerning c++. I don't
> know if they are important or not; everything works fine for me.
> TrueHD loading and playback works fine; I tried it with 2 examples
> containing video and 22 audio tracks. I have not tested the encoder.
> Otherwise, I wouldn't know what to test since I don't have
> termux/bsd/bluray. You tell me what to test.

usual operations.. or even just try to do something you never tried
before...
my idea for truehd encoder test was to make .thd soundtrack from known pcm
(uncompressed) source, then load/save as pcm again.. two pcm files must be
exactly (crc sum) the same - patches aimed at fixing thd  last frame not
written correctly..

> Then I tried a build with --without-thirdparty (also removing dv;
> libdpx and firewire), to get ffmpeg5 working. Everything works fine.
> As I noticed before, putting opencv plugins is not possible: CinGG
> doesn't start. Incompatibility with ffmpeg5?

I do not think they are related much? I mean, opencv can link with libav*
libs, but they are c, not c++.

you still can't buld even with static opencv3 tar source from cingg's
website? I totally forgot about binary opencv plugins.. guess they should
be built with roughly same c++ compiler as main Cin, and linked to same
openexr (hm...)

can you provide failed startup log for binary opencv plugins and failed
build log for opencv3 static?