[Cin] PreRoll in Cin Digest, Vol 43, Issue 13,

Andrea paz gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com
Wed May 4 11:00:44 CEST 2022

Thank you for the valuable information. I attach the result of
heaptrack done with the system already started for 1-2 hours and with
the system just rebooted (...cin.1185)
[https://www.dropbox.com/s/kko33qk3gvnyni9/heaptrack.cin..tar.gz?dl=0].
I used a 28s video (h264) with 3 transitions. I simply started
playback and when I reached the end of the track, I started reverse
playback. I used Cache size=8192 and Preroll=2.0s. I attach an image
of the heaptrack graph and the link to the files obtained from
heaptrack. I'm not very good at interpreting them, except the attached
graph which clearly shows the transitions problem. I have a PC with
32GB of Ram and a swap file of 4GB (I only need it to avoid problems
with hibernation/suspension).

- Do you recommend increasing my swap file?
- From the heaptrack results of my test, do you see any memory issues?
And if so, can they be fixed?
- Do you have any suggestions on how to fluidify CinGG playback,
especially with effects and transitions?