[Cin] megapile 12 (freebsd, ffmpeg 5, dynamic build, opencv trim)

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sat May 7 09:35:59 CEST 2022

On Saturday, May 7, 2022, Phyllis Smith <phylsmith2017 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Andrew,
> I do not understand what WANT_CIN_3RDPARTY is

variable telling buildsystem we want to build/link with libraries in
thirdparty folder (our default)

> and consequently do not know whether adding patch:
>    0024-Add-android-only-hacked-Dynamic-makefile-libs.patch (along with
> 0018)
> for additional LIBS will affect other people who ae doing their own
> builds.  What I am concerned about is in bold letters below for the
> addition of the LIBS.   Is there an explanation that I can understand?

without those lines dynamic build (default on BSD, but after all my patches
should be possible on linux too) fail at linking stage.... this section
should come into play only if user build Cin without thirdparty libs
(currently broken)