[Cin] megapile 12 (freebsd, ffmpeg 5, dynamic build, opencv trim)

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sat May 7 19:36:05 CEST 2022

On Saturday, May 7, 2022, Phyllis Smith <phylsmith2017 at gmail.com> wrote:

>  \0/ \0/ (me and Buddy waving wow)
> Checked into GIT the following (thank you Andrew for these many fixes;
> please check cinelerra/Makefile to make sure no mistakes)
>
>  0010-filegif-addition-of-nearly-all-quntize.c-from-giflib.patch

well, may be we will need rework some of this - I am not sure if you can
just slap two files legally. May be I need to put those functions back in
one specific file and just add this file (with version check) to build..

>  0018-pkg-config-based-dynamic-openexr-link-fix-for-freebs.patch
>  0023-experimental-switch-python-in-guicast-to-*python3*-unc.patch --
> NOTE below
>     If I remember correctly, Centos was still at *python2 *awhile back
> and maybe some really old distros.
>    BUT if I do not remember correctly, there may be another good reason
> for staying at python2?

see also 0057-Attempt-at-finding-python-on-Freebsd-for-guicast-Mak.patch

I think while python2 officially End-of-life since 2020, for us this mean
less/no breaking changes! So, as long as it works.... try to keep it like
before where possible (on FreeBSD VM  I tend to run into low hdd space
situation, so installing python2 in addition to python3 does not sound
optimal)

   So I hope this is not problematic + OpenCV will still be using python2