[Cin] OpenCV, again!

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sat May 21 12:51:16 CEST 2022

On Saturday, May 21, 2022, Andrew Randrianasulu <randrianasulu at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Saturday, May 21, 2022, Andrea paz via Cin <cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org>
> wrote:
>
>> I tried using your patch
>> (0001-Try-to-disable-jasper-jpeg2000-in-opencv.patch) and still the
>> opencv plugins do not appear. As usual I attach cin5.log and
>> config.log.
>

> cin5.log 9404246/9289K 98%
> /home/paz/cinelerra5/cinelerra-5.1/thirdparty/opencv/modules/videoio/sr
> c/cap_ffmpeg_impl.hpp:541:5: error: ‘AVBSFContext’ does not name a type
> ; did you mean ‘AVIOContext’?
>   541 | AVBSFContext* bsfc;
>       | ^~~~~~~~~~~~
>       | AVIOContext
> cc1plus: warning: command-line option ‘-Wstrict-prototypes’ is valid fo
> r C/ObjC but not for C++
> /home/paz/cinelerra5/cinelerra-5.1/thirdparty/opencv/modules/videoio/sr
> c/cap_ffmpeg_impl.hpp: In member function ‘void CvCapture_FFMPEG::init(
> )’:
>

> so now it breaks in different place... can you try to disable ffmpeg
> integration too?

from documentation...
===

It is possible to use CMake tool to print all available options:

# initial configuration
cmake ../opencv
# print all options
cmake -L
# print all options with help message
cmake -LH
# print all options including advanced
cmake -LA
====

FFmpeg
WITH_FFMPEG (default: ON)

Integration with FFmpeg library for decoding and encoding video files and
network streams. This library can read and write many popular video
formats. It consists of several components which must be installed as
prerequisites for the build:

avcodec
avformat
avutil
swscale
avresample (optional)
Exception is Windows platform where a prebuilt plugin library containing
FFmpeg will be downloaded during a configuration stage and copied to the
bin folder with all produced libraries.

Note
Libav library can be used instead of FFmpeg, but this combination is not
actively supported.
GStreamer
WITH_GSTREAMER (default: ON)

Enable integration with GStreamer library for decoding and encoding video
files, capturing frames from cameras and network streams. Numerous plugins
can be installed to extend supported formats list. OpenCV allows running
arbitrary GStreamer pipelines passed as strings to cv::VideoCapture and
cv::VideoWriter objects.

Various GStreamer plugins offer HW-accelerated video processing on
different platforms.

https://docs.opencv.org/4.x/db/d05/tutorial_config_reference.html

===