[Cin] some cleanups, adding ffmpeg script from mail archive

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 18:20:54 CET 2022

I think there is an easy solution to the below, but I am not sure what it
is?

After reading Andrea's email as referencing vaapi/proxy/ffmpeg speed up
from the original thread as Andrew pointed out below, I see a problem that
I do not understand how to make workable.  I was starting to make an update
to the manual about having vaapi_proxy.sh in the doc directory for user
usage when I got confused.

On Thu, Nov 3, 2022 at 7:49 AM Andrew Randrianasulu <randrianasulu at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Using old thread
>
> https://lists.cinelerra-gg.org/pipermail/cin/2019-May/000671.html
>
> I added vaapi proxying script to our doc/ directory (really not fan of
> retyping scripts from manual ...)
>
> Andrea Paz's reply below:

> I made a build with the 2 patches of "configure.ac" + the other 4
> patches ("cleanups"). I have no errors. I have not tried the proxy.

Problem: Andrey Spitsyn vaapi speedup using ffmpeg at 30x faster is a HUGE
gain, but I do not see how it can be integrated into CinGG as in his
suggestion of "So I thought that cinelerra can use this script to speed up
the proxy files creation."
1) of course, it would only work if user had graphics board with vaapi
capable acceleration but there are users who do;
2) but the real problem is if you run this script outside of CinGG, then
how does Cinelerra work with this proxy file and switch back and forth to
the "real" file and in the end have the changes applicable to the real file
when you edit/render it in the future?

Hoping Andrea Paz pursues testing a way if someone has a hint of how to do
this?
Or am I just missing something?