[Cin] HW accel seems broken to me on AMD laptop

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 22:18:33 CET 2022

пт, 4 нояб. 2022 г., 00:08 Андрей Спицын via Cin <cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org
>:

> HI,
> I try to set up hw accel decoding for AMD laptop, but if I enable vaapi or
> vdpau I see a 'file not found' error. Hw accel  works OK for the rest of
> the software. I unpacked appimage and removed boundled libvdpau.so, this
> results in working hwaccel via vdpau. The same with if I start cinelerra
> with the LD_PRELOAD environment variable. Maybe this library should be
> excluded from the appimage bundle?

but may be cin will stop to work (on systems without this lib) because
missing library?

I hear somewhere you can dynamically load so on linux instead of linking to
it at build time, but no idea if it works with ffmpeg libs ....

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3454909/sharing-data-with-a-dynamically-loaded-library-dlopen-dlsym

thanks for (re) testing!