[Cin] HW accel seems broken to me on AMD laptop

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 22:37:03 CET 2022

пт, 4 нояб. 2022 г., 00:18 Andrew Randrianasulu <randrianasulu at gmail.com>:

> пт, 4 нояб. 2022 г., 00:08 Андрей Спицын via Cin <
> cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org>:
>
>> HI,
>> I try to set up hw accel decoding for AMD laptop, but if I enable vaapi
>> or vdpau I see a 'file not found' error. Hw accel  works OK for the rest of
>> the software. I unpacked appimage and removed boundled libvdpau.so, this
>> results in working hwaccel via vdpau. The same with if I start cinelerra
>> with the LD_PRELOAD environment variable. Maybe this library should be
>> excluded from the appimage bundle?
>>

> but may be cin will stop to work (on systems without this lib) because
> missing library?
>
> I hear somewhere you can dynamically load so on linux instead of linking
> to it at build time, but no idea if it works with ffmpeg libs ....

some more search showed chromium dlsyms vaapi ...

https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/b5ded6e76b0f0a95c17de3a1b59ab279369c1ee0/content/common/gpu/media/vaapi_wrapper.cc

at the end

so may be this can be made to work with libav too (while 6 years ago devs
were not thrilled by this idea:

https://patchwork.libav.org/patch/60659/ )