[Cin] possible alpha bug in processing

Igor BEGHETTO igorbeg at visi1.org
Sun Nov 20 11:42:41 CET 2022

I have done a build by git 20221117 where I changed line 104 in
"virtualvconsole.C"
From: vrender->video_out->set_clear_color(clr_color, 0xff);
To:   vrender->video_out->set_clear_color(clr_color, 0x00);

1. I opened old projects to see how they behaved. It seems good.
2. I tested Open EDL feature using EDL_Files.zip by RafaMar in
(ManrisBT0000558) as a sequence on the top of my project. It seems to
work good.
3. Test with Mixer Viewer as shown in Tutorial "Cinelerra GG: Multi Cam
editing (with Proxy)" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49EExsRsjlY . It
seems good.

4. BUT I noticed a problem when the Nested clip with fade In is pasted
in the Master project; however, that is there also without the mod.
My test file and screenshot in the compressed file to the link
https://transfer.sh/vURPjc/Test_AlphaChannelUsingFadeOnNested__Cin_2022117_and_0x00.tar.gz

The project uses the same Title effect for the Nested Clip as for the V3
Video track. In the timeline there are three markers (labels). When the
Insertion Point (the cursor) is pointing on the 2nd marker, the two
texts should have the same white colour. Unforunately this does not
happen. It is weird, but I think it would be useful to keep this mod.
It is possible to have the right behaviour in the Nested clip by
changing the "Overaly mode", in the V4 video track, from Normal to
PorteDuff...->SrcOver.
Finally, I wouldn't close the ticket "0000558: Problem with alpha
channel when using a nested or reference EDL"
(https://www.cinelerra-gg.org/bugtracker/view.php?id=558) because, in my
opinion, it is not completely solved. We could add a note about. Thanks!

About "... IgorBeg were able to see that the correction fixes render
using PNG, EXR, and TGA", I don't know what you are referring to. I
haven't tested anything about. Sorry.

IgorBeg