[Cin] offtopic: proprietary software making BD from HDV

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 18:55:59 CET 2022

so according to link below it was possible in 2010  or so.
thing is apparently new versions remove this feature because you know,
'progress'!

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/hdv-to-blu-ray-why-is-it-recompressing--80924/

I think technically it completely possible, just need some coding thinking.

Terje, can you check if 'native mpeg' decoder still works for HDV
specifically? (toggle Use FFmpeg first icon/button in main window and then
load your file(s) )

I think it was working in cinelerra 2.x times because people edited HDV
back then and ffmpeg was little decoding library inside libquicktime folder
for some mov/avi decoding ....

may be developing mpeg2 video elementary stream direct copy will be a bit
less of Task compared to more generic case? At least libmpeg3 already know
how to create index file, so info about  keyframes and GOPs all should be
there ...'only' problem  I never dived that deep into real inner workings
of encoder (some forum post suggest you need to edit at *field* boundary,
not frame boundary, and this complicates things a bit), and one bit set
wrong there obviously can make file unplayable :(