[Cin] offtopic: proprietary software making BD from HDV

Terje J. Hanssen terjejhanssen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 21:42:52 CET 2022

Den 22.11.2022 18:55, skrev Andrew Randrianasulu:
> so according to link below it was possible in 2010  or so.
> thing is apparently new versions remove this feature because you know,
> 'progress'!
>
> https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/hdv-to-blu-ray-why-is-it-recompressing--80924/
>
> I think technically it completely possible, just need some coding
> thinking.

Yes, I have also noticed that forum thread.
(And not to confuse with, I read in another forum somewhere that
Playstations could use "homemade" BDAV disc format, but later certainly
only BDMV discs)

> Terje, can you check if 'native mpeg' decoder still works for HDV
> specifically? (toggle Use FFmpeg first icon/button in main window and
> then load your file(s) )

Yes, Cin-GG via FFmeg first loads and playback my HDV-1080i50,m2t files,
and also the same files with audio transcoded to ac3 or pcm_bluray.
Playback of pcm_bluray audio has noticeable lower volume in CinGG while
it louds normal in VLC.