[Cin] flac 1.4.0

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 20:20:22 CEST 2022

> i guess you forgot to alter configure.ac, re-run autgon.sh and may be
> move away flac 1.3.2 tar from thirdparty/src (so build system become
> confused about where flac libs actually located)
>
> can you (or Phyllis)  post your git diff ?
>
> Attached is the only "git diff" so far BUT I am working on removing the
new "metadata" as explained in the bottom of the flac README.md and quoted
here:

libFLAC has grown larger over time as more functionality has been
included, but much of it may be unnecessary for a particular embedded
implementation.  Unused parts may be pruned by some simple editing of
configure.ac and src/libFLAC/Makefile.am; the following dependency
graph shows which modules may be pruned without breaking things
further down:

```
metadata.h
    stream_decoder.h
    format.h

stream_encoder.h
    stream_decoder.h
    format.h

stream_decoder.h
    format.h
```

In other words, for pure decoding applications, both the stream encoder
and metadata editing interfaces can be safely removed.