[Cin] flac 1.4.0

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 02:30:19 CEST 2022

>> PATCH * rendered 2712 frames in 1.595 secs, 1700.313 fps    11448186 =
>> size
>> OLD:  ** rendered 2712 frames in 0.190 secs, 14273.684 fps   11474493 =
>> size
>> NEW: ** rendered 2712 frames in 4.646 secs,     583.728 fps     9448273 =
>> size
>>
>> AND NOW** rendered 2712 frames in 0.410 secs     6614.634 fps   11448186
- size
so definitely improved but what does Andrea see?

I still am of the opinion that we should not upgrade or maybe wait for
>> 1.4.x where x is some future fixes ??
>>

> I think compression level patch should work even with old flac
>

> but yeah, you have some monster machine so may be new flac not as good as
> old one on it especially.

The tests I am running are only on a fairly good laptop, not the monster
Amd epyc desktop.

> can you try command line FLAC  compressor from 1.3 and 1.4 on same machine
> too?

I will see if I can figure out how to do this, but probably not until late
tomorrow.