[Cin] Issues related to Motion Plugin
miro.rovis at croatiafidelis.hr
Sun Sep 25 07:55:42 CEST 2022
Reusing what I wrote in late last night's thread.
On 220924-23:31+0200, Miroslav Rovis wrote:
> I've been using VP9 (previously VP8) webm a lot. E.g. anywhere
> you go from:
> or, to take just one sample (4 minutes):
> It's nothing but motion plugin set up, blur plugin in the
> bottom video at 100%, and go render. Then work the audio
> separately, mux and post. Of course, the stabilizing is slow,
> motion plugin takes long to calculate.
> But all those people moving can be scrutinized in a lot of
> detail, as if I filmed with a mobile phone attached to a good
> stabilizer, and instead, the original was a shaky video as
> ever, because I held the mobile with just my hand.
> Cinelerra can stabilize you videos well. It's worth the
> time-expensive learning curve to get to know how to do it.
> Here are some comparison videos with both the shaky and
> stabilized video (however I've gotten better since then, these
> are all old, but I have no other comparisons)
> e.g. from:
> the videos e.g.:
> or from:
> the video being:
But the above do not sufficienlty well demonstrate how well
Cinelerra can stabilize shaky videos.
I think I have a better example that I hope I can offer.
But I plan to make it both a demonstration of this capability
and a tutorial so other users can benefit from it, on the one
And on the other, I want to show the issues that come across in
Motion Plugin usage.
I can say what it is right now, but that's dry and no way
immediately plausible. Here:
The fist issue:
When using Motion Plugin, a last-used setting (previusly used,
even in a different video) is written in the new XML along with
the newly setup numbers for a particular part of a video to
which Motion Plugin Effect is attached. And it sometimes messes
up the XML, and rendering does not get what the user put in.
The second issue:
And, sometimes, there appear to be problems with some Cinelerra
cache somewhere so bad that tweaking the Motion Plugin settings,
while written correctly in the new XML, do not actually apply.
The rendering gets the user the earlier tweaked result no matter
the new editing.
While I am not certain I can, within the time that I can set
appart for this, show how to reproduce the second issue, I
believe I can show the first issue within, hopefully this day
I want to do it along with demonstrating a very good motion
stabilization on not-too difficult parts of a 1m 30s video that
otherwise would be almost bad for viewing.
I plan to post it, God permittign, at:
where, at the time of writing this, there is only the short
that I want to use for this
[*] The timestamp in VID_20220910_133415_5.mp4 is for 2022-09-10
13:34:15, the start of my filming, but that's part 5, which I
obtained with cutting the VID_20220910_133415.mp4 with mkvmerge.
It's and event that the media exanded for a few days on, an,
thankfully innocuous standoff with Croatian police... I want to
show how good reporting can be done with simple cheap mobile
phone camera, made good only after motion stabilization.
I mean, look at that video, it's so shaky because I walked and
even talked and waved (well, that's not seen) at people...
Stabilization is absolutely necessary.
This is what you should get (SHA256 of the video):
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 659 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Cin