[Cin] Suggestion: improve setting for VP9 webm

Miroslav Rovis miro.rovis at croatiafidelis.hr
Sun Sep 25 20:52:56 CEST 2022

On 220925-19:25+0200, Andrea paz wrote:
> > If I find time, how can your tests be reproduced?
>
> I used 3 free videos taken from: https://mixkit.co/free-stock-video/
>
> I compressed them and you can find them in my dropbox:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/9oclu8vb882xbz9/mixkit-.tar.gz?dl=0
>
> I simply concatenated them on the timeline and did the rendering (they
> have no audio tracks).

Well, that's free space there, not libre, no, that's the free
beer kind of free space.

Have a look:
https://www.croatiafidelis.hr/foss/cap/cap-220925-cinelerra/Screen_220925_2021_gdO.webm
[*]

Whatever else in that screencast, is I was just doing those
other things, they were not meant for this discussion, I did not
expect the "free space" would be so unfriendly without cookies
and something else, God knows what... I did not know ahead of
time that I would post that screencast.

And in libre software, discussing for just the two of us, in
public, makes little sense, whatever it be. [**]

It should be either a method to use, and the videos the same for
a number of (even different) tests, but easily available without
some "free space" poking their nose into people's private
territory, which operating systems and storage should be.

Or some such. Like via this free space, where after a while so
very likely you upload is no longer downloadable or even
nonexistent, that's not the way, IMO.

It'll be midly scary to look up the netwok conversations that "free
space" was doing/trying to do to my box.

I do trace the network wherever I go, and mostly I can decrypt
what happened, but that is such complex affair, it's hard to even
begin to tell...

(Also, I might be running out of time, but I must stress
*might be*.)

Regards!

----
[*] Inaccessible from HTML of:
https://www.croatiafidelis.hr/foss/cap/cap-220925-cinelerra/
just via that link, for now.

[**] And so I created that
https://www.croatiafidelis.hr/foss/cap/cap-220925-cinelerra/index.php
because the discussion is public, and libre software is open
about its own virtues and faults.

--
Miroslav Rovis
Zagreb, Croatia