[Cin] *** stack smashing detected ***: terminated

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Sun Apr 30 22:37:17 CEST 2023

On Sunday, April 30, 2023 10:28:23 PM CEST, Andrew Randrianasulu wrote:
> Well, is this happening with all files from some device?

No, this happens (reproducibly) for some projects within my currently
dailies.

> if yes, you can try to pre-process it with ffmpeg and see if
> crash gone .... try to make smallest possible file still
> crashing, or notice if only  certain (bigger?) dimension crash
> ... any additional tracks, unusual codecs, abrupt recording
> abort for this file?

The problem is: I don't know what actually triggers this, is it the viewer,
is it something in the timeline.

> Also, does this happen only with internal ffmpeg or with
> distro-provided shared libav* libs too? Was hardware decoding
> accel involved?

This is git cingg compiled code, with ArchLinux. Which I tried to get Cuda
working. But as we speak "use hardware dev" is currently set to none.

--
Stefan