[Cin] OT: comments from youtube can be saved, too

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Thu Aug 17 13:49:17 CEST 2023

>From editing almost weekly on CinGG for complex video's I can relate to the
comment. But more recently I noticed that the preferred editing method
using dailies (putting good stuff on a long linear timeline) is not how I
work, and likely not how many people start to edit.

Technically I can related to the AV-sync stuff. It would be better if we
could once group pairs of V+A tracks. And maybe even group, groups to
facilitate multicam work. But one could also argue that the actual problem
with CinGG is that it cannot do an operation on a grab selection, instead
of operating on the all tracks being masked by the locks.

With respect to the synchronisation of tracks, it absolutely does not make
sense that we cannot use audio tracks to synchronise with eath other, and
it should always be A+V. Even for the professional use case where audio is
recorded independently I guess CinGG only gives the timecode option, but
not the ability to sync between tracks, that virtually every other solution
supports these days. Even the option 'restore AV-sync between the same
file' (as in: give me the original alignment) is not available. Makes it
tedious to restore an error.

Stefan