[Cin] OT: comments from youtube can be saved, too

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Thu Aug 17 14:37:53 CEST 2023

On Thursday, August 17, 2023 2:13:46 PM CEST, Andrew Randrianasulu wrote:
>> Yes, it makes sense to do it directly in the resources. Or maybe in
>> something like a more advanced 'view' window.
>
> question is (at least 1st question for  me) - but how exactly its
> done? Either by embedded audio timecode or some ...beat comparing and
> calculating offsets?

1) Embedded timecode
2) Alignment signals (or slate)
3) Computed audio alignment (we have it in CinGG for multicam, but it
surprisingly can't be used on audio channnels)
4) By ear, to allow moving a timeline

> Adam posted some vid on use audio offsets in Cin-HV:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0evGSOpwbY&list=PLv6Mn7I6pSmWivUKTvf_CzqHjnlKt5zCS&index=9&t=8s

The nuding is good if you have sort of alignment, temperature compensated
oscillators, and want to fine tune it.

> Anyway, as c-kiddie I understand frustration with somewhat cryptic and
> outdated codebase. I understand ppl unlikely to be amazed on first
> sight, or even on second. So finding someone who can work  here is not
> trivial, especially since we apparently cut from those big European
> libre events like those meetings Krita, Blender and GIMP devs use for
> face-to-face discussing ...

I think, like with many projects, it starts with cutting an unreachable
target into reachable pieces. Maybe it won't get the perfect architecture
that way, but at least we can move forward.

1) Collecting the usecases: where do we suck, or what do others much better
2) Make a wireframe design what would it look like in the GUI
3) Make an sequence diagram for the steps that are required to achieve the
result
4) Review it with the community

--
Stefan