[Cin] OT: comments from youtube can be saved, too

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 14:53:30 CEST 2023

чт, 17 авг. 2023 г., 15:37 Stefan de Konink <stefan at konink.de>:

> On Thursday, August 17, 2023 2:13:46 PM CEST, Andrew Randrianasulu wrote:
> >> Yes, it makes sense to do it directly in the resources. Or maybe in
> >> something like a more advanced 'view' window.
> >
> > question is (at least 1st question for  me) - but how exactly its
> > done? Either by embedded audio timecode or some ...beat comparing and
> > calculating offsets?
>
> 1) Embedded timecode
> 2) Alignment signals (or slate)
> 3) Computed audio alignment (we have it in CinGG for multicam, but it
> surprisingly can't be used on audio channnels)

Thanks for pointer, I looked into mixersalign.C and found there two
functions:

// shift armed mixer tracks by nudge                                  void
MixersAlign::nudge_tracks()

// move selected mixer edits by nudge
void MixersAlign::nudge_selected()

may be we can programmatically create 'hidden" mixer and then reuse those
functions?

PS: I only lately learned about '-r' (recursive) switch to grep, cinelerra
keep most core files in one directory but other projects not ... Now I know
how to search for function names recursively ;)

4) By ear, to allow moving a timeline