[Cin] OT: comments from youtube can be saved, too

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 20:36:21 CEST 2023

On Thu, Aug 17, 2023 at 5:49 AM Stefan de Konink via Cin <
cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org> wrote:

> From editing almost weekly on CinGG for complex video's I can relate to
> the
> comment. But more recently I noticed that the preferred editing method
> using dailies (putting good stuff on a long linear timeline) is not how I
> work, and likely not how many people start to edit.

Stefan has described the basic problem with CinGG -- that is "it no longer
is how people work or start to edit".  However, that design is what worked
in the dinosaur days of 2000 when Linux was still a "little child" and
computer hardware was slow by today's standard.  Being "stuck" with this
design is exactly why there are so many other NLE's out there as
alternatives and what Olive NLE hopes to overcome.   CinGG is 1 alternative
that fits for a specific set of users but may not be useful for everyone.