[Cin] TODO lines in tex?

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 00:01:42 CEST 2023

вс, 27 авг. 2023 г., 00:56 Stefan de Konink via Cin <
cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org>:

> On Saturday, August 26, 2023 11:26:17 PM CEST, Andrew Randrianasulu via
> Cin
> wrote:
> > Also, can illustrative pngs be compressed (lossy) with pngquant utility?
> It
> > makes paletted pngs. Not sure how various pdf viewers will react to that
>
> I would first suggest to find out if PNG support is even part of the
> regular PDF options. Some suggests not, some suggest 256 colors are
> (without transparency).

this file from ~2008 suggest pdf can have jpeg variants or zip compression
for "streams" with some pre-filtering?

https://tug.org/TUGboat/tb30-3/tb96szabo.pdf

here is github:

https://github.com/pts/pdfsizeopt

warning, contain python 2.x

there are other tools using perl + ghostscript.... Or even something with
dotnet!

But I guess html version can benefit from smaller pngs too?