[Cin] Current heap of patches

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 20:24:41 CEST 2023

пн, 28 авг. 2023 г., 20:52 Phyllis Smith <phylsmith2017 at gmail.com>:

> Patches concerning the following have been checked into GIT:
> 1) libav version in About and on startup window
> 2) Copyright in About and on startup window for Cinelerra-CV and
> Cinelerra-GG (which includes Andrew-R by default in that group and I am not
> sure if the date of 2015 means that is when he started contributing mods
> for CinGG?? but anyway it is very much appreciated!)

Well, I was thinking about date when cingg went public. I definitely
started to compile-test later and contribute around 2019 or so ....

https://lists.cinelerra-cv.org/pipermail/cinelerra/2016q1/003774.html

Announce of 5.0 / call for joint effort 22 jan 2016

https://lists.cinelerra-cv.org/pipermail/cinelerra/2018q4/010522.html

me appears ...

may be 2016 will be more accurate start date.

3) selectable vaapi for multiple graphics hardware on single computer

> I have not tested other patches related to ffmpeg 5.1 and 6.0.

To be honest I hope libtiff build patches, ffmpeg-5.1.patch999 and ffmpeg
filters build fix for new ffmpeg will find their way in, because they fix
build breakage on Andrea's updated Arch.

My "early quit from filetiff/filetga/filepng" patches might wait for more
testing (notably I hope they does not leak file descriptors or such, I only
tested on short, less than minute video).

On further plans ... May be if ffmpeg 6.1 fails to materialize in first
half of september we will go with 6.0, preparing new plugin info and such?
So far ffmpeg.git was  not worse than 5.1 for me but seeking in mkv might
be different (it was different in MPlayer).

Other updates might include x265 git (aarch64 stuff, build warning with new
nasm fixed), libjpeg-turbo 3.0.0/3.0.1, libtiff 4.5.1, removal of openjpeg
(ffmpeg.git removed support for it, and we does not use it directly),
adding lcms2 lib so ffmpeg can use it ...

Also, I wonder if optipng run over our icons (or even pngquant, at least on
those we have svg source for) might be useful? Standard set of icons weight
nearly 8mb and stuffed directly into executable ....

But this is just reminder about ideas I have, my vision and visual taste
not good enough for saying definitively about icon quality before/after.

Thanks!