[Cin] fileexr reading error handling

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 09:38:55 CEST 2023

чт, 31 авг. 2023 г., 10:31 Andrea paz <gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com>:

> > Thanks! Did you try yesterday's scenario with bg render set to jpeg,
> enabled, then set to any other compression / filetype, and re-enabled via
> menu so you have red bar at top of topmost video track but at this point it
> made from wrong image type so prev. version of file reading routines were
> crashing? if you position playhead there?
>
> I don't quite understand the problem.
> 1- No crash, but I don't know if I've done the steps you described
> correctly.
> 2- Creating a BRender in jpg,

yes

then disabling the BG.

leave it on all the time?

Going into
> Preference and changing the BR from jpg sequence to EXR (and PNG)
> sequence, creating a new BRender, I still have the jpeg sequence
> active and no sequences were created with the other formats.

yes, I think? In previous version navigating this timeline will nearly
instantly lead to crash due to libpng/libtiff/openexr being feed  with
wrong image.

in new version you just get some chatter in terminal and black compositor
window, so you stop bg render, start it anew, play with fader on video
track a bit, park playhead at beginning and then re-creating of brender
files actually starts, but with long enough timeline you still can outrace
this process by mousing playback cursor around fast enough.

Anyway, try wild things!  earlier we get crash info - the better (even if
not for  tomorrow build due to time constrains)

3- Closed and restarted CinGG; created new BRender in tga: all OK.