[Cin] CinGG 20230830 git code failure

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 14:08:25 CEST 2023

чт, 31 авг. 2023 г., 14:39 Mat via Cin <cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org>:

> Hi,
>
> Pulled down git updates about 09 UTC today.
> Built from scratch on Debian 11, 32 bit, Mint21.2 64 bit, and Fedora 38
> 64 bit, all on real hardware (not in VM).

Same hw or different in each case?

> - Debian builds fine, CinGG itself, manual, appimagetool, and the
>   appimage itself. But any mesage box (e.g. starting .bcast dir
> removed) freezes CinGG, you have to kill it from the terminal. The
> error looks like
>         dbg_add, dup 00000000ffffffff 11BC_Repeater 12BC_Clipboard
> If I avoid a message box, simply load a video as project, sound doesn't
> work,
> neither with PulseAudio (mmap error) or Alsa (protocol error) as
> device. Other applications work with Pulseaudio or Alsa (e.g. Audacity
> uses Alsa). The video doesn´t play at all.

ow! yesterday  I've build Deb11 64 bit VM, there was error in qemu 8.1 with
default cpu, I added "-cpu host" and then it was fine ( on AMD FX 4300
cpu). I also build cingg in  NetBSD 9.2 ( i think) i386 qemu vm, not really
updated packages but just same os as I installed ~year ago.

> - Mint 21.2 Apart from the python problem builds and works fine for
>   simple load-and-play HD video, did not try other actions.
>   Have not tried building AppImage tool yet.

well.. one good news!

> - Fedora 38, builds CinGG proper fine, simple test is OK, although
>   there is a load ffmpeg error saying the there is no hardware
>   acceleration (vainfo and clinfo both show there is).

Well, this is concerning! Can you show mediainfo and vainfo? Do other
players work?

Manual builds
>   fine too. But the AppImage tool doesn't build, error about too many
>   parameters somewhere.
>
> I try to see what's wrong with the AppImage tool on Fedora, time
> permitting.

Welcome back to the party! So far I have only built regular single-user
builds but can kick Slackware package creation or Rosa 2016 RPM action
(this one after official source tarball appears in usual place)