[Cin] News and enhancements with CinGG/FFmpeg 6.1 ?

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 18:36:58 CET 2023

сб, 9 дек. 2023 г., 04:37 Terje J. Hanssen via Cin <
cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org>:

> Den 09.12.2023 00:10, skrev Phyllis Smith:
>

> I am wondering if the news and enhancements of importance to
>> CinGG/FFmpeg 6.1 users may  be outlined, including what is ready now and
>> expected upcoming next?
>>
>> Although not exactly as requested, I have updated November News to better
> outline what *CinGG *takes advantage of in the 6.1 version of ffmpeg.  If
> you can think of anything I left out as it pertains to Cinelerra, please
> email that.  A lot of the new features are only really relevant on the
> command line and these are best outlined in many places on the internet
> already.  In addition I have minimally tested new formats of WBMP and HDR
> and have the ffmpeg/video directory format files ready for GIT checkin.
>
> I have tried testing AV1 capability with little success yet, but will
> continue to see if I can get an updated dav1d library version update for
> newer operating systems.
>

> https://www.cinelerra-gg.org/news-updates/november-2023-release-and-build-farm-announcement/
>

> Thank you.
>
> Re: 5, only "NVIDIA NVENC AV1 encoding support" seems to be mentioned.
>
> What about Intel (Arc) AV1 QSV and AMD AMF encoders in FFmpeg?

AMF seems to require some additional (may be even
closed-source/proprietary) components from amdgpu-pro ?

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1440570/installing-ffmpeg-with-amf-support-on-ubuntu-20-04-5

https://www.phoronix.com/news/Intel-AV1-QSV-Encode-FFmpeg