[Cin] News and enhancements with CinGG/FFmpeg 6.1 ?

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 03:16:32 CET 2023

вс, 10 дек. 2023 г., 04:35 Terje J. Hanssen <terjejhanssen at gmail.com>:

> Den 10.12.2023 01:47, skrev Andrew Randrianasulu:
>

> вс, 10 дек. 2023 г., 03:32 Phyllis Smith via Cin <
> cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org>:
>
>> Weird, but when I list the encoders via:  ./ffmpeg -encoders (where
>> ffmpeg is in cinelerra's subdirectory of thirdparty/ffmpeg-6.1) qsv is not
>> listed that I can see.
>>

> well, it requires intel's media SDK .... try to look at gentoo forum link
> I found, it lists package names.
>

> My FFmpeg 6.0.1 (not the latest 6.1) on Tumbleweed-Slowroll has currently
> only AV1 QSV Decoder (no encoder):
>
> ffmpeg -codecs -hide_banner | grep av1
>  DEV.L. av1                  Alliance for Open Media AV1 (decoders:
> libdav1d libaom-av1 av1 av1_cuvid av1_qsv ) (encoders: libaom-av1 librav1e
> libsvtav1 av1_nvenc av1_amf )
>  DEAIL. wmav1                Windows Media Audio 1
>

> *Notice*:
> All Intel GPU media users are encouraged to switch to VPL to take
> advantage of hardware capabilities as soon as they become available.
> The switch to VPL from Media SDK in FFMPEG, is simple. Just substitute
> ‘--enable-libvpl’ instead of ‘--enable-libmfx’
>
> https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/technical/onevpl-in-ffmpeg-for-great-streaming-on-intel-gpus.html#gs.1xy8fq

oh, update treadmill running again!

Anyway for AV1 on A380 I found this post:

https://forum.jellyfin.org/t-arc-a380-qsv-hwa?page=2

it was working at the end but was picky about configuration options ......
in september 2023  or so.

so, you can't be sure it works just because wiki lists it as supported :(