[Cin] also, libaom 3.8.0 was released

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 13:11:35 CET 2023

вс, 17 дек. 2023 г., 12:32 Andrea paz <gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com>:

> @Andrew
> I wanted to try to compile CinGG with your new patches, but I didn't
> quite understand how to use "x265-17122023.tar.xz".

put it in thirdparty/src, move away x265_3.5.tar.xz temporarily, apply git
patch, re-run autogen.sh , configure, make.

It should pick up new x265 (you will see its new directory in thirdparty
after build successfully unpack and compile it).

Another question: to apply the
> "0001-Limit-number-of-opencv-modules-we-build.patch" patch, do I have
> to compile OpenCV as well (i.e from git)?

I think *just* repacked opencv-2020 archive from cingg site should work, as
long as you replace  faulting module in its .cache from new version and
cmake file searching for it.

 https://lists.cinelerra-gg.org/pipermail/cin/2023-December/007382.html

But you can also try to get opencv from git building inside cingg - I just
found relying on daily changed git is not very reliable ? Try

--with-opencv=sta,git argument to cingg's configure and see how it works
(or not).

You can also try --with-opencv=sys for attempt at linking to system's
opencv, but it need to be compiled with contrib modules for this to work,
not sure how Arch package it?

options briefly explained in opencv_build file in root of our source
directory.