[Cin] Updated x265 snapshot from another thread

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 10:30:27 CET 2023

вт, 19 дек. 2023 г., 12:17 Andrea paz via Cin <cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org>:

> I tried compiling with only the x265 new patch and everything works.
> Applying the patch gave this result:
>
> $ patch -p2 < 0010-Update-x265-to-git-snapshot-17122023.patch
> patching file blds/termux.bld
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
> 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file blds/termux.bld.rej
> patching file configure.ac
> patching file thirdparty/Makefile
>
> I don't know if it is important.

Well, termux.bld configures cingg for termux-specific compilation :) as on
my tablet. First patch in series (with EXPERIMENTAL on filename) upgrades
this file so I was able to try hw encoder. Sadly, resulting file seeks
strange, so I am not sure if it works in general or I must alter my preset
or even  our glue code ...)

> Test renderings, using x265, work fine, except using the 10-bit and
> 12-bit presets fail indicating that those pixel formats are not
> supported by x265 encoder.
> Using the multibit appimage (without the new patch), the 12- and
> 10-bit renderings work, but the vaapi preset does not.

May be you should try to unpack appimage and remove libva so files from it,
so cin binary will pick up system version?

My results are:

> 55 fps <== Multibit <-- preset: x265-hi --> new patch ==> 71 fps

well, its faster, but does it look good? :)

> 45 fps <== Multibit <-- preset x265 10-bit --> new patch ==> NO
>
> NO <== Multibit <-- preset: hevc_vaapi --> new patch ==> 62 fps
>
> I wonder if the separation between multibit and non-multibit versions
> is still necessary.

well, I thought multilib build was slower, not at rendering but at build
itself ? It up to Phyllis to decide ....