[Cin] AOM 3.8, again

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 17:24:28 CET 2023

чт, 21 дек. 2023 г., 18:32 Andrea paz via Cin <cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org>:

> I have compiled with both aom 3.8 and aom 3.6 patches without errors.
> The rendering test results are:
>
> aom 3.4: 34 fps
> aom 3.6: 39 fps
> aom 3.8: 48 fps
>
> The speed increase is noticeable.
> The videos result visually of the same quality. aom 3.4 and 3.6 give
> files of equal size while aom 3.8 gives a slightly smaller file.

Thanks. So, according to this upgrade to 3.8 is more desirable than just to
3.6. Not sure if keeping both versions (one perfixed with _ underscore) in
src actually good idea size-wide? Hopefully if ppl can get cingg from
internet for self-build they also can get libaom and flip the switch in
configure.ac ? So may be just keeping prefixed patches for both versions
and having  line in BUILDING explainin configure.ac edit (well, we do not
have BUILDING yet as txt file in our root, but hopefully this can be fixed
easily by copypasting manual section on this ?)

well, then if you have libaom 3.8 system-wide may be you should try to
disable internal libaom and build with system version?

look at bld/termux.bld script for example ....

I also have idea about integrating libsvtav1 but keep it disabled by
default (due to high cmake requrements)