[Cin] AOM 3.8, again

Andrea paz gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 22:36:09 CET 2023

I tried a build with --disable-libaom and --with-libaom. The disable-
works while the with- is not recognized. The build proceeds without
errors but, of course, CinGG does not present the av1 codec.
I saw that the Arch package is not libaom but is aom. I then tried
using --with-aom but it is still not recognized.
Looking at the installed files from the aom package it is found:

    usr/
    usr/bin/
    usr/bin/aomdec
    usr/bin/aomenc
    usr/include/
    usr/include/aom/
    usr/include/aom/aom.h
    usr/include/aom/aom_codec.h
    usr/include/aom/aom_decoder.h
    usr/include/aom/aom_encoder.h
    usr/include/aom/aom_external_partition.h
    usr/include/aom/aom_frame_buffer.h
    usr/include/aom/aom_image.h
    usr/include/aom/aom_integer.h
    usr/include/aom/aomcx.h
    usr/include/aom/aomdx.h
    usr/lib/
    usr/lib/libaom.so
    usr/lib/libaom.so.3
    usr/lib/libaom.so.3.8.0
    usr/lib/pkgconfig/
    usr/lib/pkgconfig/aom.pc
    usr/share/
    usr/share/licenses/
    usr/share/licenses/aom/
    usr/share/licenses/aom/LICENSE
    usr/share/licenses/aom/PATENTS

In configure.ac I see that it looks for the following paths:

PKG_3RD([libaom],[auto],
  [libaom-v3.4.0],
  [ usr/local/lib*/libaom*.a ],
  [ usr/local/include ])

While in my system they are found in:

usr/lib/libaom*
usr/include

In Arch there are usr/local and usr/include, but they are empty folders.
I tried replacing these paths in configure.ac but --with-libaom and
--with-aom are still not recognized.
I attach the config.log if you have any ideas to suggest.