[Cin] patches 09 feb 2022

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 02:29:50 CET 2023

> 09feb2022/0010-TMP-add-flto-to-cinelerra-Makefile.patch
>
> localhack, trying to make it crash on "fit all autos" like in Fedora, no
> luck so far!

Working again on trying to reproduce this on Fedora 37 with default
installed gcc.  Patched file with this + added LINKER = ld +flto  to the
cinelerra/Makefile because read onlinethat flto has to be added to the
compiler AND the linker.  But still no crash with "fit all autos".

According to the RPM Fusion bug comment as quoted below, when they removed
the lto, the crash was fixed.

I saw the https://www.cinelerra-gg.org/bugtracker/view.php?id=632 mentioned
lto, so I've tested and disabled lto on the build and now I'm not reproducing
the issue. But it would be fine if a dedicated issue can be created so that
cinelerra can work with lto...

So I still have to find a way to make it crash, so a fix can be created.
Will update when I succeed.