[Cin] Capturing DV/HDV via Firewire

Terje J. Hanssen terjejhanssen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 01:05:34 CET 2023

Den 19.02.2023 23:43, skrev Terje J. Hanssen:

> Den 19.02.2023 18:59, skrev Andrew Randrianasulu:
>>

>> вс, 19 февр. 2023 г., 20:39 Terje J. Hanssen <terjejhanssen at gmail.com>:
>>

>>     Den 19.02.2023 16:54, skrev Andrew Randrianasulu:
>>>

>>>     вс, 19 февр. 2023 г., 18:43 Terje J. Hanssen
>>>     <terjejhanssen at gmail.com>:

>>>         I guess that's not just for me ;) but will try dvgrab again
>>>         (tested it once several years ago), when my camcorder is
>>>         back from service.
>>>         The reason is my 10 years old FireWire based DV/HDV recorder
>>>         seemingly is dead.
>>>

>>>     well, you can look if appimage version of cingg was compiled
>>>     with those libraries
>>
>>     Could you possibly outline how to do it?
>>

>> in preferences -> recording tab there must be source named IEC 61883.
>
> To cross-check I translate back from my local Norwegian version to
> English:
>
> Settings | Settings | Preferences window:
>
> Video In / Record driver
> In  the dropdown menu there are available both
>
>   * DV 1394
>   * IEC 61883

As reference also the following from Cin-CV's wiki and from Raffael's
Howto (Cinelerra for Grandma):

http://cinelerra-cv.wikidot.com/cincv-manual-en:installation#toc1

     Firewire
     Firewire is the fastest way to download material into your system.
Unless you will be importing your media from a CD, any other
pre-captured format or use an analog video grabber, you will need
firewire on your system.
     DV cameras
     There is an large variety of DV cameras that can be used with
Cinelerra. Almost any camera that can connect using firewire will work.
Be sure to set the appropriate parameters on the video grabbing system
to match your particular camera.

http://www.g-raffa.eu/Cinelerra/HOWTO/get_media_ready.html#_how_to_capture_video_from_your_minidv_camcorder
http://www.g-raffa.eu/Cinelerra/HOWTO/get_media_ready.html#_using_the_command_line_dvgrab
How to capture video from your miniDV camcorder /Using the Command Line
- dvgrab