[Cin] Capturing DV/HDV via Firewire

Terje J. Hanssen terjejhanssen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 23:28:33 CET 2023

Den 27.02.2023 14:39, skrev Terje J. Hanssen:
> Better late than never! When I have digitized S-video to DV I have
> been disappointed about less color saturation and darker pictures of
> theDV result playback.
>
> Finishing Hi8 I just continued with VHS and vhsc digitizing, where red
> and green were even lesser and weak.
>
> What I now found out to my surprise is that it is really the MX-1/TBC
> that eats the colors in my work chain,  and not as exspected the A/DV
> conversion.
>
> MX-1 has been known to include an effective, fullframe TBC, 8bit/422
> brilliant color depth/sampling and 500 lines resolution, especially
> the better PAL version. It is also a video mixer with noise filter an
> a lot of effects like Chroma key.
>
> I have not found out if MX-1 can be set up with extended color
> saturation.

Despite that this is off-topic and specific historical, I will
supplement that MX-1's Advanced Setup also had Black level setting and
Composite Chroma AGC.
Setting the latter Automatic Gain Control, compensates for RCA input
source with weak color signal, ref. the MX-1 manual chpt 5 and this
good, old forum's reply:
https://tech.churchofjesuschrist.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=149189#p149189