[Cin] Working on adding GPL license attribution for all program files

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 18:58:15 CET 2023

> I feel similarly to IgorBeg. Without going into too much detail about
>> Open licensing, so as not to drive Phyllis crazy making she to pursue
>> rare data lost in the menadirs of time, I would just leave a general
>> Authors window for all the code, without having to put them in every
>> file header.
>>

> thing is, file WITHOUT such header probably can cause misunderstanding (at
> best) down the line .... (not to mention distant possibility of court
> action by some wanna-be Microsoft/Apple)
>
> so I think best course of action still fix most glaring omissions when
> possible, and then add details as we found them.

It is really good to get various opinions and is most helpful.
I will make an effort to gradually add headers where missing based on what
information Andrew/I can find.
How about AUTHORS in the manual and then link to look there (so easy to do
with HTML reference?  Then we can say "mea culpa" for missing people,
incorrect information like email addresses, and include credit for Testers,
Manual Writing, YouTube videos contributions, and so on -- this could be
more thorough, and hopefully would not make anyone feel bad.