[Cin] Weird world of WINDOW_CONFIG!

Rob Prowel rprowel at comcast.net
Tue Jan 10 22:04:44 CET 2023

On 1/10/23 14:06, Phyllis Smith wrote:

> Rob

>> IIC it works now.  Cool!
>>
> What does IIC mean?  "Impact Insulation Class" does not sound right.  Does
> it mean "I'm internally chuckling"?

Meant to write IAC (In Any Case), but we'll go with I'm internally
chuckling.

>> Also recommend modifying the build procedure so that make automagically
>> includes the git commit tag from the version used to create the binary,
>> and a cin --version option to inquire without it starting the GUI.
>>
> Good suggestions.  It was brought up before to include the "git commit tag"
> but I can not remember why it was not implemented.

Implemented such at my last job by saving git-commit-string as a macro
that could be read by the compiler and expanded during compiler
preprocessing.  the slight complication with your build system is that
you don't always build from a git repo so in lieu of being able to call
"git log" you would need an authoritative fall-back text file
.version??? as part of the build.