[Cin] Revision Proxy section on Manual

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 02:12:47 CET 2023

Checked into GIT after proof-reading the english, IgorB's revised Proxy.  I
am glad he took on this challenge because the Proxy chapter just got thrown
into the manual and added onto without much cohesiveness.  Based on the
Latex ready version Andrea provided, I did make a number of changes to make
it more readable but did not alter the contents.  I attempted to upload
this to streamable.com so IgorB could review it, but it would not let me.
Maybe Andrea can check the chapter out of GIT and upload it somewhere?

A couple of questions:
1) Why is "Rescaled" not recommended for small computers?
2) What is meant by "a workaround is needed for that", referring to Plugin
problem with "Rescaled"
3) Because of the very nice State table, I did delete the following as I
thought it was redundant with the table:
"For both Cakewalk and Neophyte the icon for Proxy is the "Ps": the "P" is
green when proxy is active and red when it is disabled; the "s" is white
when the \texttt{Rescaled to project size (FFMPEG only)} is checked and red
when unchecked. For all the other themes when Proxy is enabled and the
\texttt{Rescaled to project size (FFMPEG only)} is checked a white "S" is
shown, and a white "P" when unchecked; if Proxy is disabled the icon, "S"
or "P", is grayed."
Let me know if I should put it back.

Also, if Andrea has time, could you try to create the Picture in s Picture
that IgorB demonstrated in the Forum.  I was not successful and now @Jin
has added more confusion.  It would be nice to put PiP in the manual too.