[Cin] AdobeRGB and editing

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 17:18:49 CEST 2023

ср, 31 мая 2023 г., 22:29 Andrea paz <gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com>:

> I don't think my Dell UP2716D has sRGB emulation.

https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/dell-up2716d/

this site tend to disagree? Difference in terminology?

====
The native colour gamut of the monitor (‘Standard’ – top image)
comprehensively covers both the sRGB and Adobe RGB colour spaces. There is
extension beyond the Adobe RGB colour space, even, particularly in the red
region of this representation. Note that the Adobe RGB colour space
actually coincides with sRGB in this ‘corner’ of this representation. The
‘Adobe RGB’ emulation mode cuts this down effectively so that it fully
covers the Adobe RGB colour space without much over-extension at all. The
‘sRGB’ emulation mode does this same with the sRGB colour space, with just
a smidge of under-coverage but nothing to write home about. The ‘REC709’
emulation mode is largely the same with a bit of extension beyond in
places, whilst ‘DCI-P3’ does an excellent job of emulating the ‘DCI-P3’
colour space (not shown in this diagram – but essentially coinciding with
the monitor’s gamut here)

====

But I guess each monitor (esp. as they age) will show slightly different
picture ...

More color articles:

https://jonnyelwyn.co.uk/film-and-video-editing/affordable-colour-grading-monitors-2/

so, pairing one of those sub-1000$ monitors with sub-1000$ HDR camera
like sony zv1 ( shots some HLG ang S-log variants ) might be interesting
combination?

Still not sure if your monitor can do HDR/HDR10+ ...

Strange find - Pgenerator
Test Pattern Generator  based on RPi4

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/dedicated-raspberry-pi-pgenerator-thread-set-up-configuration-updates-special-features-general-usage-tips.3167475/

uses patched mesa + drm kernel module for displaying said HDR ...

https://github.com/docdude/PGenerator

https://github.com/docdude/ofxRPI4WindowHDR

not really buildable on normal Rpi debian, from that I can see, sadly ...

I think it has 3