[Cin] AdobeRGB and editing

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 00:52:25 CEST 2023

сб, 3 июн. 2023 г., 23:28 Andrea paz <gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com>:

> You are right: the manual talks about emulation for sRGB. More news
> can be found here:
> https://photographylife.com/how-to-calibrate-dell-wide-gamut-monitors

Ah, THIS article definitely paints different, much darker picture about
those monitors (from 2018 perspective). It clearly states you need GPU
calibration for those to work nicely. I wonder if they mean something like
xcalib work on loading gamma tables or also using actual 3d hardware for
color correction?

This is partially reason why I thought about full-screen external Color
Management plugin - cingg may not have any real display-side color
correction but if you just start external process before entering
fullscreen and stop after (assuming single monitor setup) you will have
your more accurate colors in fullscreen ( HDR dynamic metadata also
apparently can be only send in fullscreen mode, even in Windows!).

So, I propose giant external "hack" when it comes to workflow :) with
slight advantage you do not need to wait on me/anyone until any CM arrives
(if ever!) to cingg!