[Cin] AdobeRGB and editing

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 03:55:46 CEST 2023

https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2019/05/wide-color-photos-are-coming-to-android.html?m=1

this partially answers what application supposed to do?

===
At a technical level, this means there will be pictures coming to your
application with an ICC profile <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICC_profile>
that is not sRGB but some other wider color gamut: Display P3, Adobe RGB,
etc. For consumers, this means their photos will look more realistic.
===

I hope new ffmpeg 6+ plus lcms2 build will do it automagically?

====

 To render wide color gamut contents, besides the wide color contents, you
will also need to create a wide color gamut surfaces to render to. In
OpenGL for example, your application must first check the following
extensions:

   - EXT_gl_colorspace_display_p3_passthrough
   <https://www.khronos.org/registry/EGL/extensions/EXT/EGL_EXT_gl_colorspace_display_p3_passthrough.txt>
   - EXT_gl_colorspace_display_p3
   <https://www.khronos.org/registry/EGL/extensions/EXT/EGL_EXT_gl_colorspace_display_p3.txt>

And then, request the Display P3 as the color space when creating your
surfaces,

====

And about this part I am not sure if Mesa3d already implement them ....
Cingg definitely does not do egl on x11 so ....

For now wide-gamut display out of cingg as described there is impossible!
:(

Sorry so far ....

PS: Krita was modded quite heavily due to HDR support:

https://www.intel.cn/content/www/cn/zh/developer/articles/success-story/painting-with-light-a-technical-overview-of-implementing-hdr-support-in-krita.html

ps2:

Intel's Linux/wayland Proof of concept HDR rendering demo was posted in
late 2017:

https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2017-December/036403.html

===

simple-hdr-video
  Uses ffmpeg to decode video into shm buffers, and sets the
  colorspace/ycbcr encoding etc. appropriately. Ie. this one can
  actually output HDR video

=====

Of course in 6 years a lot of code was added/deleted, so I am not even sure
you can build provided mesa/wayland/weston branches today out of the box ...