[Cin] Latest git issues

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 01:49:28 CET 2023

Stefan, Andrew:
I believe I have found the issue with the audio waveforms not being drawn,
but it should be an easy user fix if I found the only occurrence.  Today, I
accidentally saw the problem when I did a "load backup" from a previous run
that I did before Feb. 15, 2023.  This is the date when the fix for OpenEDL
from a Viewer clip was checked into GIT to prevent the crash and make it
work.  The fix was changing the zoom_atrack (audio) and zoom_vtrack (video)
from 0 to 64 - which was how it had been before May/April of 2020.

(1) so if you use a backup.xml file where ZOOMY=0 in the LOCALSESSION line,
then the waveform will not show and you will just see the middle maroon
colored line (when using the default Cakewalk theme).
or:
(2) or if you have ZOOMY=0 in your $HOME/.bcast5/Cinelerra_rc file

BUT, I can not find a way to create the problem in the first place; using a
pre-Feb15 binary, I can not get ZOOMY=0 to occur in
$HOME/.bcast5/Cinelerra_rc.   It has something to do with changing the size
of the tracks in the patchbay, but what?

FIX - carefully edit the Cinelerra_rc file to switch ZOOMY=0 to 64.  AND,
if loading a saved xml file that has ZOOMY=0, carefully edit it to switch
the 0 to 64.  There should be very few users even affected by this.