[Cin] DVD compliant MPEG-2 Video and PCM Audio

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 21:00:44 CET 2023

пн, 6 мар. 2023 г., 22:51 Terje J. Hanssen <terjejhanssen at gmail.com>:

> Den 06.03.2023 15:02, skrev Andrew Randrianasulu:
>
> I think you need another software like (q)dvdauthor or dvdstyler to make
> DVD - they use *program* streams, not transport streams as tsMuxer creates
>

> I thought first to use mkisofs, but didnt really find out the relevant
> syntax to make a video dvd iso from the ffmpeg created dv28.mpg file with
> pcm audio.
>
> Had a quick look in DVD styler, but for audio it seemed to support only
> AC3 or MP2 audio.

I think because project still active you can look at their support place
and see if anyone made request for this already, or if not - log your own.

https://sourceforge.net/p/dvdstyler/discussion/318795/thread/00ecc86f13/

=====
If you use Mplex for muxing then Mplex will abort with a message that it
cannot recognize the audio stream. This is an Mplex issue. It is no problem
for Mplex to mux an LPCM audio stream, but the file must have the extension
"lpcm". You can verify this by renaming the audio file in the DVDStyler
cache folder and give it the "lpcm" extension. Then feed the video and this
renamed audio stream to Mplex for muxing, and you will get a perfect MPEG2
file with PCM audio.

====